Arkansas:Abroad is always looking for submissions from the hearts and minds of Arkansawyers at home and from around the world. All we need is for you to let us know that you have the interest, the insight and the desire to write for us.
Oh, and the time. Never underestimate how important the time aspect is.
A:A is composed of material for and by the average Arkansawyer. We want this site to not just be another online newspaper or political blog, we want to be the place people in the Natural State come to for advice, for opinions, for news on what is going on in this chaotic, beautiful one-of-a-kind world we live in. For this to work, for this experiment in populist new media to succeed, we need the ideas and input of the fellow citizens of our state.
Okay. So, what are we looking for?
Ideas. Opinions. True, died-in-the-wool journalism. Information. Education. Wit. We want articles on economics, politics, culture, current events. We want people to come to this site, read articles, and leave knowing more about what is going on around us, what led to current situations and what can be done to ameliorate issues abroad. The field is wide, and we are interested in seeing what you have to say, Arkansas.
We here at A:A have a vested interest in using this as an avenue for the students and faculty of the Natural State. The staff at A:A knows how hard it is to build a curriculum vitae, to establish yourself as a serious contender for graduate schools. More often than not, people from Arkansas face an uphill battle to prove themselves to be just as intelligent, just as hard-working as people from anywhere else based on nothing more than they happen to be from a little state with a horrible, ill-deserved reputation. One of our main goals is to help out students and professionals who need an opportunity to prove their ability to observe, deduce and explain situations in order to help further their careers and establish themselves as reputable, hard-working members of the professional community.
So, interested in writing for A:A? Good! Here’s what we need you to do:
- Email us. We have a dedicated address to handle your queries and ideas. But, you won’t get published if you do not tell us what they are, first. The address is: email@example.com.
- Tell us exactly what you are thinking about writing. A good example would be “The economic impact of the Korean community in North Little Rock.” A bad example would be “”How I spent my summer vacation.” That is not to say we do not want personal stories. We do. But what we want are articles and works that focus on a specific issue.
- Read our reply. We will get back to you quickly. Sometimes, it might take a day or so (We do this site in our spare time, and we gotta put bread on the table somehow). When we do make contact, we will flesh out ideas on where to go, what we like, what we need clarification on. If we need some clarification, answer us. If not, we are good to go!
- Submit your work. When you write your work, save it as a format that’s relatively mainstream. Whatever format you chose to use, make sure you have checked your spelling and grammar. We will give your work a cursory glance, but this is your work under your name. It’s your responsibility and you will reap the results of your work, good or bad, accordingly.
- Enjoy the glory. You have now been published in the most exciting, reputable, amazing, financially-sound, well-read magazine to ever be made. Ever. Well, that is not entirely true, but you will have been published, and established a working relationship you could use for future work. Do not hesitate to act on this; continue to send in articles to see if you can be published!
We here at A:A cannot wait to see what you bring us, Arkansas. Please, send us your thoughts, concerns, ideas as well at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like. In the meantime, thank you for your continued support of Arkansas:Abroad!